Contact me at:
"If we remain poor and dependent, the riches of other men will not avail us. If we are ignorant, the intelligence of other men will do but little for us. If we are foolish, the wisdom of other men will not guide us. If we are wasteful of time and money, the economy of other men will only make our destitution the more disgraceful and hurtful. "
"If you form the habit of going by what you hear others say about someone, or going by what others think about someone, instead of searching that thing out for yourself and seeing for yourself, you will be walking west when you think you're going east, and you will be walking east when you think you're going west. This generation, especially of our people, has a burden, more so than any other time in history. The most important thing we can learn to do today is think for ourselves."
|Steve P on Tavis Smiley vs. Al Sharpton|
2nd Jun 13
I find it funny that you think wall street got bailed out when in fact the government simply repaired the ...
|steve p on About the Blogger|
2nd Jun 13
the title of you blog is interesting, why do African Americans need a clarion call? do you distinguish between African American ...
|Anonomyous on A Black History Moment: Alonzo F. Herndon and the founding of Atlanta Life Insurance Company|
23rd Mar 13
How would you cite this page in mla format?
|The Modern Minstrels » Jason Cochran on Stanley Crouch: Is Gangsta Rap a new form of a minstrel show?|
17th Mar 13
[...] have linked rap culture to the minstrel tradition (here’s Stanley Crouch on that, and he’s hardly the only person ...
|Greg L on On her own ground: Madam CJ Walker|
27th Feb 13
She is certainly an inspiration
|Greg L on Koreans and Black Hair Care: Do African-Americans Support Black Business?|
27th Feb 13
Thanks for dropping by and commenting LoStranger. It's been a bit since I've updated this blog here and perhaps the ...
|LoStranger on Koreans and Black Hair Care: Do African-Americans Support Black Business?|
27th Feb 13
Great article I've been preaching this YEARS the problem is black people are so busy with their infatuation with white ...
|Sexyfreajsaraj08 on Koreans and Black Hair Care: Do African-Americans Support Black Business?|
19th Feb 13
That's why I'm glad many Blacks have decided to wear their hair in its natural state. Regardless of race, I ...
|Nashaefrazier on On her own ground: Madam CJ Walker|
12th Feb 13
i love madam cj walker
|Greg L on The musings of a useful idiot (Thomas Sowell): Is the US Now on the Slippery Slope to Tyranny?|
18th Nov 12
Holly, my apologies for the late reply here. Generally, what Obama needs to be criticized for is totally missed by ...
|Greg L on Please read: A few notes and policies|
18th Nov 12
Hi Linda. Thanks for stopping by. I've taken a break from blogging, but will start back up shortly now that ...
|Holly Pearl on The musings of a useful idiot (Thomas Sowell): Is the US Now on the Slippery Slope to Tyranny?|
12th Nov 12
To answer your rhetorical question: YES! Many DO believe that Obama's repertoire of propaganda has been "so effective and so ...
|Lindajmann1 on Please read: A few notes and policies|
28th Oct 12
Refreshing to find an African-American blogger from the Lehigh Valley. I grew up in Easton at a time when you ...
|The Cycle | we the people | needham on The End of Pax Americana: Courtesy of the Military Industrial Complex|
26th Sep 12
[...] graphic is from this blog post [...]
|Greg L on Ebony Magazine Archived on Line|
19th Jul 12
Thanks for pointing that out.
- A Surprising Barrier To Clean Water: Human Nature June 20, 2013Getting clean water to people in the developing world isn't just an engineering problem. […]
- If Supplies Of Oil Are Up, Why Is Gas Still Pricey? June 20, 2013Supplies of oil have been surging this year, and U.S. drivers, who have been switching to more fuel-efficient cars, are using less gasoline.That would seem to be the right economic combination to push down prices at the pump, but gasoline prices have remained stubbornly high this summer. […]
- How Ted Cruz's Father Shaped His Views On Immigration June 20, 2013The Texas senator says giving a path to citizenship to immigrants in the U.S. illegally would be unfair to immigrants who followed the rules, like his own father, 74-year-old Rafael Bienvenido Cruz. He portrays his dad as a kind of Cuban Horatio Alger. […]
- Translated Into Navajo, Star Wars Will Be June 20, 2013The Navajo Nation and Lucasfilm have teamed up to translate the original Star Wars movie into Navajo, entertaining those who already speak it, and teaching newcomers about the language and culture. […]
- What Makes Rituals Special? Join Us For A Google+ Conversation June 20, 2013From savoring a morning coffee to lighting a candle each night, people employ rituals all over the world. NPR science correspondent Shankar Vedantam speaks with behavior scientist Francesca Gino and Slate columnist William Saletan about the role of rituals in human life. […]
- Can This Dominican Factory Pay Good Wages And Make A Profit? June 20, 2013Textile workers in some poor countries like Bangladesh can make less than $100 a month. One factory in the Dominican Republic is trying something different: It's paying workers $500 a month. The company has yet to break even after three years, but the CEO says the business is growing rapidly and he believes it will be profitable. […]
- In More Cities, A Camera On Every Corner, Park And Sidewalk June 20, 2013A growing number of cities are using surveillance cameras in the hope of fighting crime, but all that video is almost useless without powerful search tools to sort the material. The municipal camera trend is proving to be big business for companies that design video analytics software. […]
- Gourmands Through The Ages: 'A History Of Food In 100 Recipes' June 20, 2013From ancient Egyptian bakers to Gordon Ramsey, every era has its foodies. And without them, the history of food would be pretty darn boring, says William Sitwell. His new book chronicles how these epicures shaped our palates, and the recipes they left behind. […]
- Blackhawks Beat Bruins 6-5 In OT, Tie Series 2-2 June 20, 2013After struggling for more than 120 minutes to score even once, the Blackhawks beat Boston goalie Tuukka Rask a half-dozen times in Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals to send the series back to Chicago tied two games apiece. […]
- James Gandolfini Dies; 'Sopranos' Actor Was 51 June 19, 2013Actor James Gandolfini, 51, has reportedly died. Variety magazine reports that he suffered a "sudden stroke." The cause of death is not yet known with certainty, but HBO says the actor may have suffered a heart attack. […]
- Microsoft Responds To Fan Outcry, Changes Xbox One Policies June 19, 2013Microsoft has changed policies regarding Internet connection and used game capabilities for its upcoming Xbox One gaming console. The company says it is responding to feedback from consumers. […]
- Federal Agents Accuse Two Of Plotting Deadly X-Ray Weapon June 19, 2013Officials say the suspects did not acquire a radiation source for a weapon, but they finished building a remote control that was meant to operate it. […]
- A Day After Making List, One Of FBI's Most Wanted Caught June 19, 2013Former University of Southern California professor Walter Lee Williams was caught at a Mexican beach town, a day after being placed on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list on charges of sexual exploitation of children. […]
- Capitol Hill's Partisan And Racial Divide Cast In Bronze June 19, 2013A 7-foot tall statue of famed abolitionist Frederick Douglass is more than just a tribute to the man. It's a larger-than-life reminder of the fight over voting rights and statehood for Washington, D.C. […]
- Snowden Reportedly In 'Informal' Asylum Talks With Iceland June 19, 2013After initial reports that an asylum-seeker would have to be in Iceland for their application to be considered, the AP says Edward Snowden is in "informal talks" with Iceland about applying for asylum. […]