Contact me at:
"If we remain poor and dependent, the riches of other men will not avail us. If we are ignorant, the intelligence of other men will do but little for us. If we are foolish, the wisdom of other men will not guide us. If we are wasteful of time and money, the economy of other men will only make our destitution the more disgraceful and hurtful. "
"If you form the habit of going by what you hear others say about someone, or going by what others think about someone, instead of searching that thing out for yourself and seeing for yourself, you will be walking west when you think you're going east, and you will be walking east when you think you're going west. This generation, especially of our people, has a burden, more so than any other time in history. The most important thing we can learn to do today is think for ourselves."
|Anonomyous on A Black History Moment: Alonzo F. Herndon and the founding of Atlanta Life Insurance Company|
23rd Mar 13
How would you cite this page in mla format?
|The Modern Minstrels » Jason Cochran on Stanley Crouch: Is Gangsta Rap a new form of a minstrel show?|
17th Mar 13
[...] have linked rap culture to the minstrel tradition (here’s Stanley Crouch on that, and he’s hardly the only person ...
|Greg L on On her own ground: Madam CJ Walker|
27th Feb 13
She is certainly an inspiration
|Greg L on Koreans and Black Hair Care: Do African-Americans Support Black Business?|
27th Feb 13
Thanks for dropping by and commenting LoStranger. It's been a bit since I've updated this blog here and perhaps the ...
|LoStranger on Koreans and Black Hair Care: Do African-Americans Support Black Business?|
27th Feb 13
Great article I've been preaching this YEARS the problem is black people are so busy with their infatuation with white ...
|Sexyfreajsaraj08 on Koreans and Black Hair Care: Do African-Americans Support Black Business?|
19th Feb 13
That's why I'm glad many Blacks have decided to wear their hair in its natural state. Regardless of race, I ...
|Nashaefrazier on On her own ground: Madam CJ Walker|
12th Feb 13
i love madam cj walker
|Greg L on The musings of a useful idiot (Thomas Sowell): Is the US Now on the Slippery Slope to Tyranny?|
18th Nov 12
Holly, my apologies for the late reply here. Generally, what Obama needs to be criticized for is totally missed by ...
|Greg L on Please read: A few notes and policies|
18th Nov 12
Hi Linda. Thanks for stopping by. I've taken a break from blogging, but will start back up shortly now that ...
|Holly Pearl on The musings of a useful idiot (Thomas Sowell): Is the US Now on the Slippery Slope to Tyranny?|
12th Nov 12
To answer your rhetorical question: YES! Many DO believe that Obama's repertoire of propaganda has been "so effective and so ...
|Lindajmann1 on Please read: A few notes and policies|
28th Oct 12
Refreshing to find an African-American blogger from the Lehigh Valley. I grew up in Easton at a time when you ...
|The Cycle | we the people | needham on The End of Pax Americana: Courtesy of the Military Industrial Complex|
26th Sep 12
[...] graphic is from this blog post [...]
|Greg L on Ebony Magazine Archived on Line|
19th Jul 12
Thanks for pointing that out.
|Greg L on The American Political System: The Mistrust Problem|
19th Jul 12
Thanks for dropping by Steve. Sounds like you have some issues with Obama, but they appear to be different than ...
|Steven Lemon on The American Political System: The Mistrust Problem|
18th Jul 12
If you think "everyone" is smart enough to understand " all the obstructionism and ridiculousness from the republicans " (Obama) ...
- Bridge Collapses In Wash. State; People, Cars In Water May 24, 2013TAn unknown number of people and vehicles are in the Skagit River, and rescue crews are looking for them. The bridge collapsed at 7 p.m., but the reason is unclear. […]
- Jury Deadlocks On Jodi Arias Sentencing May 24, 2013The jury that convicted her of first-degree murder earlier this month in the brutal killing of her ex-boyfriend were unable to decide whether to give the death penalty. […]
- Evolution Saves Cockroaches From Taking The Bait May 24, 2013A new study unravels the mystery of a peculiar transformation: sometime in the 1990s, the insects developed a sudden aversion to sweet-tasting poisons. […]
- Srinivasan's Confirmation First For D.C. Circuit In 7 Years May 23, 2013The partisan war over judicial nominees has accelerated in recent years. It took nearly a year to win Senate confirmation for Sri Srinivasan to the important federal appeals court for the District of Columbia, though he had no formal opposition. […]
- Boy Scouts Vote To Admit Openly Gay Members May 23, 2013The National Council of the Boy Scouts of America has voted to allow gay Scout members, but to continue a ban on openly gay adult Scout leaders. The policy change would take effect Jan. 1, 2014. […]
- Head Of IRS Tax-Exempt Division Reportedly Placed On Leave May 23, 2013Lois Lerner has been at the center of a scandal over the tax agency's targeting of conservative groups. […]
- Alabama Republican Jo Bonner Says He's Leaving Congress May 23, 2013The congressman says he will step down in August to take a senior position at the University of Alabama. […]
- The Weight Of A Med Student's Subconscious Bias May 23, 2013A test of third-year medical students in North Carolina revealed biases against the obese. The author of the study says these thoughts, often subconscious, could affect how doctors treat their patients and whether those patients trust them. […]
- Black Caucus Leader: We Disagree With Presidents, Even Obama May 23, 2013Rep. Marcia Fudge, the head of the Congressional Black Caucus, says any immigration overhaul significantly boosting the numbers of highly skilled immigrants could negatively affect African-Americans with similar skills. […]
- Justice Sotomayor Takes Swing At Famed Baseball Case May 23, 2013The Supreme Court justice and noted Yankees fan showed her baseball acumen Wednesday while presiding over a re-enactment of the 1972 case that challenged the sport's antitrust exemption. […]
- Breaking Down Obama's New Blueprint For Fighting Terrorism May 23, 2013In a major speech, the president rejects the idea that the country can fight an opened-ended "global war on terror." In setting his own guidelines, he defines the standards for using drone strikes and again calls for closing the Guantanamo Bay prison. […]
- For Second Time, Moore Family Loses Home To A Tornado May 23, 2013The tornado that devastated Moore, Okla., Monday destroyed some 12,000 homes, according to Oklahoma City Police. And for one family, it was the second house they've lost to a tornado in the past 14 years. Rena and Paul Phillips say that the recent loss won't make them move. […]
- Oprah Winfrey's Latest Venture Is Farming In Hawaii May 23, 2013After Oprah Winfrey's friend and health adviser learned that 90 percent of the food on Maui is flown or shipped in from outside, he convinced her to turn a portion of her estate on the island into a farm. Winfrey is giving away the food she's now growing on 16 acres of land, but it may soon be for sale. […]
- Why You Have To Scratch That Itch May 23, 2013Itch can be a useful warning sign, or a maddening symptom with no cure. But the origins of itch have long been a mystery.Scientists think they've come closer to understanding the origins of itch in a molecule that makes mice scratch like mad. […]
- NOAA Predicts Above-Average Hurricane Season May 23, 2013Forecasters predict as many as six major hurricanes in the Atlantic this year due in part to warmer-than-average ocean temperatures. […]